Thursday 24 December 2015

My Scottish Albums of the Year

Today in The National newspaper, with the help of a select panel, Stefan and I selected our favourite Scottish albums of the year. 

Naturally, many of our favourite albums didn't make the list when we averaged out the final results. Luckily for me, this meant my own winner took the prize. However, there are many albums that I loved that didn't make the final cut which I'd like to pay tribute to.

So without further ado, my personal top 20 of 2015:

1. Chvrches - Every Open Eye
2. Kathryn Joseph - Bones You Have Thrown Me and Blood I Have Spilled
3. Iain Morrison - Eas
4. Mog - Nomad's Land
5. Halo Tora - Omni/One
6. Vasa - Colours
7. Urvanovic - Amateurs
8. Lockah - It Gets More Cloudy
9. Sorren MacLean - Winter Stays Autumn
10. Prides - The Way Back Up
11. Federation of the Disco Pimp - Inamorata
12. Woodenbox - Foreign Organ
13. Bigg Taj v Spee Six Nine - Verses 2
14. C Duncan - Architect
15. A Mote of Dust - A Mote of Dust
16. Pinact - Stand Still and Rot
17. Girobabies - Who Took Utopia?
18. Young Fathers - White Men Are Black Men Too
19. Auntie Flo - Theory of Flo
20. Best Girl Athlete - Carve Every Word

EP's:

Sega Bodega - Sportswear
Hector Bizerk - The Bell That Never Rang
Ubre Blanca - The Sadist
The Van T's - Laguna Babe
Grum - First Contact
Dialects - LTKTL

Merry Christmas btw! x

No comments:

Post a Comment